Thursday, May 17, 2012

New Trade- AUD/JPY


I am in a new short trade on the AUD/JPY currency pair, which has formed a volatility funnel.

I saw the pattern soon after it completed and took a late entry.   HOWEVER, instead of placing my stop at the level dictated by the pattern (the red bar across the top of the chart,) I decided to place it at the bottom of the pattern (the short light red bar)........WRONG DECISION!
Why was it the wrong decision:-
1).  The pattern dictates where my stop should go
2).   My trading plan calls for me to place my stop where the pattern dictates.
3).   If I wasn't happy to place my stop where the pattern dictates, I should not have taken the trade.
4).   I entered the trade using a market order.   I should have used a sell limit order to enter me at what was the second chance level.

I was stopped out for a loss.   However, as the original pattern was still valid and the price level at which I was stopped out would have been the original entry price, I took a "second chance entry", which is circled red on the chart.   Needless to say my stop on this trade is where it should be....at the top red bar!

Learn and move on!

The subsequent price action has been frustrating and the price has hit the blue support line four times in the past three days, without breaking through it.   I may., therefore take my profit if the price touches that line again, depending on the price action and indicators, as it approaches.



No comments:

Post a Comment