Friday, May 18, 2012

AUD/JPY hits profit target

My AUD/JPY  short trade has hit my profit target and is now closed.   Whilst I am happy to have made an overall profit from this trade,  I have mixed emotions about how I handled the trade.

My first entry was very poor judgement on my behalf and that hurts.   However, I am pleased with my actions in having the confidence to re-enter into the trade as the pattern was still valid.   That proved to be a good decision and enabled me to turn a loss into a profit, without chasing the trade unnecessarily.

Of course, I am also aware that my earlier error means that my final profit was only half the size it would have been if I had acted according to my trading plan in the first place.

As I said earlier......LEARN and move on and be thankful that I had the confidence to re-enter the trade.

No comments:

Post a Comment