Tuesday, May 29, 2012

New Short Trade - ABF:LSE

I have entered a new short trade today on Associated British Foods (ABF:LSE).   The monthly chart shows prices making all time highs last month and dropping off slightly this month.   However, the indicators all show bearish divergence to the price and the price does not appear to be sustainable at current levels.

The daily chart shows a bearish rising wedge formation and I've entered short just as the price re-tests the lower trend line.   The price has just made it's first lower low after what can be described as a substantial uptrend spanning from August 2011 through to April 2012.   I'm looking for a pull back.

My stop is just above the rising wedge upper trend line and for this to be hit, the price needs to make a new all time high.   My first profit target will be at the 1:1 risk to reward ratio and I will monitor the price action as time progresses.

No comments:

Post a Comment