Wednesday, June 13, 2012

New short trade NZD/USD

I have entered a new short trade today on the NZD/USD pair.

The price has been in a rising uptrend for most of June and is currently running along the mid line.   However, my indicators are showing a bearish divergence and the price is approaching the round number of 0.7800.

The Bank of New Zealand issues it's Official Cash Rate and, more importantly, it's press conference and rate statement at 10p UK time tonight and this may produce some volatility in the price action and of course this could stop me out.

However, It is often the case that my indicators lead the price action so I'm banking on the bearish divergence.
The daily chart on this pair is showing a potential head and shoulders pattern with a long term potential downside target at around the 0.600 level, depending upon if and when it breaks through the neckline

No comments:

Post a Comment